It isn't so much mod_perl as it is the perl DBI::mysql driver...
I imagine that as 4.1.1 comes out of alpha eventually the
maintainers will update to the new libraries...

You might also want to be aware that if you added users while
mysql was in 'new passwords' mode, they'll have the long password
hash and even after you restart mysql with --old-passwords you
won't be able to login as that user...  just redo the user's
password while in --old-passwords mode and you'll be able to
login.

hopefully that'll save YOU some time.  :)

ken.

On 11 May 2004 at 15:22, Erik Scholtz, ArgonSoft GmbH wrote:

> Garrison Hoffman wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 05:02, Erik Scholtz, ArgonSoft GmbH wrote:
> >

> >>failed: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
> >> server; consider upgrading MySQL client at
> >

> > This may help:
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Old_client.html
> >

> Thanks for your answer. This makes SQL use the old authentication and
> for fast solution this will be ok. But why does mod_perl not support
> the new authentication-style?
>

> Erik
>

> -----
> ArgonSoft GmbH      | Im Ermlisgrund 3      | 76337 Waldbronn
> Tel: +49 7243 71520 | Fax: +49 7243 715222  | http://www.argonsoft.de
>
> --
> Report problems: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

Ken Burcham