Hulya Gurer wrote:

Hello,

I have a new Solaris server that runs on Solaris 8 and has been upgraded to Perl 5.8.3, Apache 2.49,
mod_perl 1.99.13, and DB2 running as Database. When I start the apache server with startup.pl I get,

Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Apache/DBI.pm line 146

error. I have searched on this a little bit and there are several different approaches from mod_perl to module versions.

Looks like the old issue of opening the connection in the parent process: http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/databases.html#Skipping_connection_cache_during_server_startup

Apache::DBI doc doesn't claim to be ported to 2.0, it only suggests that it may work or may not. I suppose that someone needs to port it.