On 15 May 2004, at 19:38, Alex Krohn wrote:

Hi,

I'm facing a weird problem that's proving difficult to track down.

After a certain number of hits to our mod_perl apps, the environment no
longer gets reset per request. For example, if you have a script that
just dumps the environment, after hitting some piece of code, that
script will show PATH_INFO from a previous request (only when you don't
pass any path_info in, if you do pass it in, it shows the proper one).

It's a rather large site, and I'm struggling to track down what is
causing this. Any tips on what I should look for? i.e. any pitfalls in
how you handle the environment that might cause it to no longer get
reset per request?

I just for bitten by exactly this. It was PerlSetupEnv. I took that out (don't know why I even put it in there!) and everything was fine.

Alternatively, any pointers on where I could put some debugging to see if the env is really getting reset? It looks like I need to edit mod_perl.c, perl_setup_env(), but am not sure.

I was suspicious of CGI::Session and CGI.pm and probably would have ended
up where you are now but for a lucky guess.

This is with perl 5.8.3, Apache 1.3.31, mod_perl 1.29.

And I was on perl 5.8.0 and latest Apache 2.0 and whatever mod_perl.

-- Dave Hodgkinson CTO, Rockit Factory Ltd. http://www.rockitfactory.com/ Web sites for rock bands