I think you're right Stas, I bought the 'Apache Administrators Handbook'
yesterday.  It seemed a little old (published in 2002), but it had 5
stars on Amazon so I figured it was worth a try.  With any luck I won't
need to talk to you any more. :)

On a better note, I finally got it working yesterday. The final text
looked like this:

<Location /WebGUI>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
    PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
    Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

I had it working like this out of my root directory ( no Alias needed ),
but it restricted Perl scripts to the specified directory (WebGUI) and
all it's subs.  That last email you sent gave me the final piece I
needed, and I think it finally clicked.  Using the <Files> tag instead
of the <Location>, it will run Perl out of any folder under the
DocumentRoot( no Alias needed again ).

<Files ~ "\.(pl)$">
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
     PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
     Options +ExecCGI
</Files>

I really appreciate the help you've given, and I've learned quite a bit
because of it.

Best Regards,
Zac