Hèctor Alòs i Font wrote:
En/na Stas Bekman ha escrit:

Hèctor Alòs i Font wrote:

I'm migrating a web application from mod_perl 1 to mod_perl 2 [new environment: Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_14 Perl/v5.8.4].

The problem is that in some places the %ENV variable is used to pass parameters to programmes called via "system". Now these variables are not found in the called programme. E.g.

Right, environ is not tied in mp2 due to threads issues. Please take a look at:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#C_Libraries_Don_t_See_C__ENV__Entries_Set_by_Perl_Code

Thanks for the answer. In fact I saw this piece of documentation already, but I'm not sure it suits for my case: as I understand, we might push the parameters in the startup file... but that's useless if we really want to pass a parameter which is changing from one execution to the other (not in the case of $ORACLE_PATH). It seems that I'll have to change quite a little amount of code :-(

You understand why we can't change the C environ, right? We had to write code to decouple it so %ENV will work correctly under threads. Without this decoupling a hell breaks loose as one thread will affect %ENV of all other threads (well perl interpreters in our case)

Try Env::C if you are using prefork.