I started getting this error sporadically from different pieces of code.
Both modules(cached) and scripts(not cached):
   [error] PerlRun: `Undefined subroutine &Data::Dumper::Dumper

perl -MData::Dumper -e'print Dumper %ENV' works fine from commandline
which rules out a hdd problem.

An apache restart stopped error completely, which led me to think
it was a RAM problem that messed up the symbol table in a certain
apache child which caused the sporadic errors.

I had no errors for ten days, but now it started doing it again,
with the exact same undefined message for Dumper, which makes me
realize it's not a RAM issue.

It started yesterday, and code had not been modified for 5 days.
I also have
PerlInitHandler Apache::StatINC
PerlSetVar StatINC_UndefOnReload On

Any ideas what could be causing this problem, or suggestions as to how
I should investigate it further?

Here is my version info
Embedded Perl version v5.6.1 for Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 mod_perl/1.29
mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

This is the simplified script I made to reproduce the problem:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Data::Dumper;
print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
print Dumper(\%ENV);
exit;

Which resulted, sporadically(upon hitting certain apache child I assume), in this
error:
[Fri May 28 15:09:25 2004] [error] PerlRun: `Undefined subroutine
&Data::Dumper::Dumper called at /data/cgi-bin/printenv line 4