Alex Oboimov wrote:
[...]
### Issuing bt command ###

(gdb) bt
#0  0x40324a74 in Perl_pp_leavesub ()
   from /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
   #1  0x082ea320 in ?? ()
   #2  0x0918ae00 in ?? ()
   (gdb) q

That's all I have. Suppose, without symbols compiled in there's not enough information....

That's already something. So now we know it segfaults inside perl. But the trace looks too short to be inside mod_perl. May be it's a corrupted frame. We need to know what are the #1 and #0 frames are. So first please recompile mod_perl only with debug enabled and this time show us just the output of bt. It shouldn't take you too long to compile.

If that doesn't reveal the info we are after the next step will be to run the server under the gdb in first place, rather then try to process the core file.

SB> Thanks.

Sorry for this lengthy message, thanks.

That's not a problem, Alex. All the information you have submitted was important.