From: Tom Schindl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 5:27 AM
To: Jesse Stay
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: XML::XSLT and mod_perl 2.0

Hi,

I admit I've never used XML::XSLT but why are you not using XML::LibXSLT?

Tom

Jesse Stay wrote:

I admit I have not tried this in mod_perl 1.x but I am

really trying

to move towards developing and helping out the mod_perl 2.0

movement.

Hopefully someone has some pointers.  Here's my problem:

I am struggling to get XML::XSLT to work under mod_perl

2.0. All it

takes is using the basic MyApache::Rocks module from the docs, and adding the following line to cause the error, but I have

tried it in

other various mod_perl 2.0 programs as well, all with the

same results:

Error while parsing: \nsyntax error at line 1, column 0, byte 0 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm
line 187\n\ntest.xsl at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XML/XSLT.pm line 1506.\n

The code my Perl module is referencing contains one simple

call (along

with use XML::XSLT;):

my $xslt = XML::XSLT->new ('test.xsl', warnings => 1);

Doing a trace, that is what is generating the error, and it

seems to

fail in XML::Parser::Expat's ParseString() call.

"test.xsl" contains

the basic test xsl script from w3schools.com:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="/">
   <h2>My CD Collection</h2>
     <th align="left">Title</th>
     <th align="left">Artist</th>
   <xsl:for-each select="catalog/cd">
   </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

When I run this under mod_perl I get the syntax error.

When I run it

as a regular perl script it runs fine without any errors. I have searched every resource I can find and can't seem to find

anyone else

with this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on

where I could

go from here? It seems really weird that mod_perl would

even affect

something as simple as parsing an xml file.

-Jesse

--
b e s t s o l u t i o n . a t EDV Systemhaus GmbH