That's fine... I can definitely live with it.   The docs should be
updated, though... they say Apache::Table.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey Young [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 1:36 PM
To: Kreimendahl, Chad J
Cc: Stas Bekman; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Pnotes in apache2

Kreimendahl, Chad J wrote:
> ok, but what I'm saying is... pnotes does NOT return an APR::Table
> object...  it's still working as it did back in mp1.   The docs say
what
> you're saying, but it does not function that way.

pnotes() will not return an APR::Table object for the same reason it
does
not return an Apache::Table object in mp1 - apache tables are for simple
strings only, while pnotes() allows you to store perl scalars.

if you want an APR::Table object then you need to use notes() instead of
pnotes(), but then you are limited to strings and can't store things
like
perl objects.

HTH

--Geoff