hi all,

preface: I'm not 100% sure that this is a mp2 resp. AuthDBI problem,
this might as well be an apache problem or even worse my own blindness.

We've a problem with a previously working configuration that looks
approximately like this (httpd.conf):

---------CUT---------
<Location /protectedthing>
   AuthName "gimme all you know:"
   AuthType Basic

   PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
   PerlAuthzHandler  Apache::AuthDBI::authz

   PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_data_source   dbi:$some_valid_dsn
   PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username      $a_db_user
   PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password      $the_db_pass

   PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table     users
   PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_uid_field     u_username
   PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field     u_pwd
   #SELECT pwd_field FROM pwd_table WHERE uid_field=$user

   PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_grp_field     u_ref_customer

   PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_encrypted     off
   require valid-user
</Location>
---------CUT---------

That allows me to secure /protectedthing, which is working just fine.

I however have some sub-locations under /protectedthing:
---------CUT---------
<Location /protectedthing/topsecret>
   SetHandler perl-script

   PerlResponseHandler Some::Nice::mp2::Handler
</Location>
---------CUT---------

Previously this resulted in having a secured /protected/topsecret
location. After upgrading to the lastest apache 2.0.49 and mp1.99_14,
this does not work any more. I get 500 instead. The log shows this:

---------CUT---------
[Wed Jun 30 16:15:50 2004] [crit] [client 192.168.100.10] configuration
error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /protectedthing/topsecret,
referer: http://somesite/protectedthing

After enabling debug in AuthDBI I see that it is correctly invoked as a
PerlAuth(en|z)Handler for "/protectedthing/topsecret", but it gets no
configuration data passed (Auth_DBI_data_source etc.) for the
sublocation.

... I am completely lost here ...

Any ideas?

happy hacking