Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 14:07, Bevelock, Mike wrote:

Actually, all our required libs declare a package...I guess that's why it's
working for us.

I don't see any harm in adding it, if it helps some people.  Could you
add a little bit to the docs to explain your addition, and the caveat
that it only works if your foo.pl declares a package?  I think that's a
bit unusual (having a .pl that declares a package) so it's worth
mentioning.

The only issue is that Apache::Reload on CPAN reached its end of life (at the least for the moment). It now lives inside mp2, where it has already evolved quite a lot since the last CPAN version. At the moment it won't work under mp1 because it has some mp2 specific code in it, but this can be fixed. I think the idea was to backport it to mp1, but since the latter is not getting released very often we need another way to give an access to it to users. Dual-life modules are not quite supported by CPAN, besides things in the core :(

You can read the related threads here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&w=2&r=1&s=Apache%3A%3AReload&q=b

Of course since mp2 wasn't released yet, we could drop Apache::Reload from mp2 core and get it back onto CPAN as a standalone package. But that means that the core won't come with this important dev tool.