The cvs branch of mod_perl 2 contains some changes that, for
one thing, allow the APR and APR::* modules to be used
outside of the mod_perl.so environment. We'd like to test
this out on a variety of platforms, as it could entail some
tweaking of compile/link time flags - of particular concern
is AIX, which can often be a special case. So, if you have
some free time, please give this a try - you access cvs by
following the directions for getting the mod_perl 2.0
development sources at
   http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html
Please report results in building, positive or negative, to
the development list [dev (at) perl.apache.org], and if
there's a problem, reporting bugs as suggested at
   http://perl.apache.org/bugs/index.html
will help by having the relevant information from
your system included. Thanks.

As well as such successes or failures in building, we'd be
also interested in getting reports in running the tests.
Depending on the platform, some isolated failures are known,
and are presently being looked at.

--
best regards,
randy kobes