On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Frank Wiles wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:21:10 -0500
> Waldo_Tumanut/MO/[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I have a Perl program that I can get to work when I execute in command
> >
> > window but fails when invoked from browser.  The Apache log shows
> >
> > install_driver(DB2) failed: Can't load
> > 'D:/Perl/v5.6.1/site/lib/auto/DBD/DB2/DB2.dll' for module DBD::DB2:
> > load_file:The specified module could not be found at
> > D:/Perl/v5.6.1/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 206.\n
> > Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 3.\n
> > Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where
> > expected\n
> >
> > I've searched google but I thought it's time to ask for help... am
> > obviously a newbie.
>
>   This is actually a Perl question and not really mod_perl related.  But
>   the quick answer is the library DBD::DB2 is not installed on your
>   system.  You will need to install it from cpan.org.

Sometimes such a problem arises even if the Perl module
DBD::DB2 is installed, but the path to an external library
(dll on Win32) needed by the database progam itself isn't
found in the mod_perl environent. Try adding the directory
containing any dll needed by DB2 to your PATH environment
variable within the mod_perl application.

--
best regards,
randy kobes