Stas Bekman wrote:
Tom Schindl wrote:

Stas Bekman wrote:

Tom Schindl wrote:

[...]

The very first URL, that you've quoted Tom, mentions that for certain headers you ought to use special Apache methods. Which is the case for content_type, no_cache and a few others. Apache does more things than just setting those headers. Your suggestion may work in a simple case, but not in a more complex setup.

Ok, I see. But how do you then set something like e.g an expires header?

You set it explicitly, as in your example. Again, you need to use the special methods only for some of the headers. May be that section should explicitly list all those special headers. Patches are welcome.

So far I've identified the following methods:

Apache::ResquestUtil
* no_cache
Apache::Response
* set_content_length
* set_etag
* set_keepalive
* update_mtime
* set_last_modified

Have I forgotten any?

Tom

I forgot that we have a whole chapter on that topic:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/correct_headers/correct_headers.html
While it was written for mp1, the concepts apply for mp2 as well (With the tweaks for API changes)

Reclaim Your Inbox!