> Hi Wouter,
>
> Did you check the manual[1]? This reference is for Apache::PerlRun but
> it may give you some ideas of why you're seeing that behavior.
>

> Good luck,
> William
>
> [1]
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Apache__PerlRun__a_closer_look

Thank you very much William. I think you just cleaned my windows and now
I can look outside and see that it is actually raining ;)[1]. At first I
thought I was going nuts, couldn't imagine Perl to not destroy my
objects. But now I see that this is actually happening.

Anyhow, .. I see what's happening, get a bit of the "why" part in the
bunch but don't really feel like I'm getting to a solution. The manual
you linked to wrote:

  "If you run this example with the circular reference enabled under
   mod_perl you won't see Foo->DESTROY until server shutdown, or until
   your module properly takes care of things."

Do you (or anybody else) happen to know how my module can "properly take
care of things", so that my objects will get destroyed again?

[1] just a little sarcastic-like joke