All,

I am not used to seeing this behavior, so I thought I'd ask. I make a
change to my httpd.conf:

PerlModule ModPerl::Rules2
<Location /mod_perl_rules2>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler ModPerl::Rules2
        PerlSendHeader On
</Location>

Then I try to restart server:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] apache]# bin/apachectl graceful
bin/apachectl graceful: configuration broken, ignoring restart
bin/apachectl graceful: (run 'apachectl configtest' for details)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] apache]# bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 971 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't use global $= in "my" at /home/darnold/modperl//ModPerl/Rules2.pm
line 9, near "my $="
syntax error at /home/darnold/modperl//ModPerl/Rules2.pm line 9, near
"$=shift"
Global symbol "$f" requires explicit package name at
/home/darnold/modperl//ModPerl/Rules2.pm line 10.
Global symbol "$r" requires explicit package name at
/home/darnold/modperl//ModPerl/Rules2.pm line 11.

I am wondering why it's trying to run the file Rules2.pm. Why doesn't it
just restart then wait to report the error when I attempt to access
scinux.redwoods/mod_perl_rules2?

Here's Rules2.pm:

package ModPerl::Rules2;
# File: ModPerl/Rules2.pm