Hi. Totally new to modperl2, we are using it in the context of RequestTracker, running on the latest version of perl i.e. 5.8.4 which was obtained from perl.org, also got the modperl from perl.apache.org, using the latest RHEL, etc

We get the following error which occurs when we attempt to start Apache. The error is:
Syntax error on line 10 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_perl.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_perl.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Ipatchlevel_ptr

If there any other diagnostics that I can run please let me know. The help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Charles