From: Stas Bekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 12:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: internal redirect in mod_perl 2 causes runaway process
[mp2]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I encountered a runaway httpd process from the following code:
>
> $r->internal_redirect('/my/url');
>
> I'm using perl 5.8.4, apache 2.0.49, and the latest snapshots of mp2
and
> httpd-apreq2.  External redirects work fine.  Is this a known bug, or
> possible problem with my implementation?  How should I go about
debugging
> this?

Not that we know of, Fred. Please try to pack it into a self-containing
Apache-Test tarball to help us reproduce it. The skeleton is linked from

here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Problem_Description

You also need to submit a proper bug report:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

We have two core tests that exercise this API:
t/api/internal_redirect.t
t/response/TestAPI/internal_redirect.pm

t/modperl/io_nested_with_closed_stds.t
t/response/TestModperl/io_nested_with_closed_stds.pm

So alternatively you may want to try to modify them to reproduce the
problem.

Thanks.