I think when you don't use raw_values => 1 as parameter you have
to pass your data as references because Storable expects references.

Maybe you could point the module author to mention that in the modules
man-page.

When searching how to use things often the test-suite gives you a good
pointers what's going on e.g. in this case
http://search.cpan.org/src/ROBM/Cache-FastMmap-1.06/t/8.t

Tom