Hi all,

I'm working on a mason/modperl project that needs separate development and production environments. I only have one machine to work with, and I've realized that using a single httpd process for both of these sites (with my current VirtualHost config) will probably result in some unhealthy memory sharing between the dev and prod sites. Both codebases are mirrors of each other, i.e. the perl package name spaces are identical in both environments.

Any thoughts on how best to separate these sites on the same machine? An obvious solution would be to make a separate install of apache, but that seems overkill, since all I need (I think) to fully separate the environments at the apache level is a) separate instances of the httpd process, and b) separate httpd.conf settings (which I already have). Is it feasible to do it with a single apache installation?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

--

Nathan L. Kugland [EMAIL PROTECTED]