[Please always send a new email when starting a new thread. Do not reply to another thread, changing the subject, since you are still replying to the same thread. Thanks!]

Casey Songer wrote:
Hello all,

I'm running mod_perl 1.99_13 with apache 2.0.49. I'm also running HTML::Mason. Not sure if this is a Mason error or just a mod_perl thing, but I keep getting these errors in my error log:

[Fri Jul 30 16:37:12 2004] [error] [client x.x.x.x] 103:Software caused connection abort at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MasonX/Apache2Handler.pm line 93.\n\nStack:\n [/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MasonX/Apache2Handler.pm:93]\n [/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/Request.pm:358]\n, referer: https://www.dynamicfeedback.com/leader/groupinformation/index.html?&i_index=0

The errors happen intermittently, but the users experience slow or hanging pages when it happens. I don't know if these errors are a result of something timing out or if they explain what they actual problem is.

My first question is, can somebody tell me what this error means? And second, how can I find out what is causing the error? This server is in production, and I never have experience the error on my test machine which is set up very similarly.

Hope somebody out there can shed some light on the subject.

Take a look at this thread:
The error happens when the client aborts the connection (e.g. hits reload button, before the previous request was finished)