Ken Simpson wrote:
$c->client_socket gives you the socket object, now I suppose you want to poll() it for read. Unfortunately we haven't exposed APR::Poll yet. Take a look at the C API:

http://lxr.webperf.org/source.cgi/srclib/apr/include/apr_poll.h
http://docx.webperf.org/apr__poll_8h.html
http://docx.webperf.org/group__apr__poll.html

Is that what you are after?

Yes, this is exactly what we need. Ideally, the APR interface should
support the operations supported by IO::Select -- but it appears to.

the APR::Socket object is an opaque one, so it can't interoperate with any other perl modules. Have you looked if there is some C api to get the native socket object? There could be one (as they have for file objects), I didn't check.

How much work is it to write the mappings for APR::Poll? I've never
done it before but.. well we could give it a shot!

What C functions do you need to be exposed? it should be really quick if it can be exposed as is, without needing to write a special glue code...