Ken Burcham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I heartily agree... it would have saved me a lot of time coming into
> mod_perl2  land...

The reason it isn't in mp2 is IMO largely a matter of timing (and a bit of
politics).  apreq-dev wanted to get the C stuff included in httpd's
distro, that way mp2 could provide the wrappers for it.  However apreq2
was just getting started when httpd-2.0 was declared stable, so
the earliest inclusion point apreq-dev could hope for was the 2.2 line.
We're stable enough now to be considering 2.04-dev as the final
developer's release (more on that soon), so it's really up to the
httpd community to determine whether or not httpd-2.2 users will
benefit from it.

--
Joe Schaefer