Perrin Harkins wrote:
http://www.mwforum.org/

I'm pleased to see this is still being maintained and is up-to-date for mp2. I looked at it once before, but was worried I wouldn't be able to customize the appearance of it because it doesn't use templates. It looks like there are still no templates. Do you have an alternate approach for modifying the look and feel?

Since version 2.0 all styling is CSS-based, and you can install multiple user-selectable stylesheets. You can also include header/footer HTML via plugins.

For real templates that would allow structural changes I would have to rewrite much of the code, and there wasn't enough demand for that. Wouldn't help performance either.