Ben Hopkins wrote:
William McKee wrote:

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 10:47:37PM -0700, Ben Hopkins wrote:

The verrrrry odd thing is that there are no errors in the build, or in apache's logs or when it tries to run a module.

What kind of error are you expecting? Perhaps mod_perl does not mind two
versions being loaded although it would seem that issuing the LoadModule
statement would trigger a warning message if mod_perl was compiled in.

How about something like duplicate symbol errors? "You want me to run this module, and I have two of them, and I don't know which one to use: Therefore I won't run anything!".

That sounds like a job for Apache to do. Apache knows what modules are compiled in, so it can check that list before trying to LoadModule. You may want to suggest that to the Apache developers. Most likely any Apache module suffers from this problem.