> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>This *BSD issue is now documented at:
> >
> > http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#make__don_t_know_how_to_make_dynamic__Stop
> >
> >>--
> >
> > -my @skip = qw(dynamic test);
> > +my @skip = qw(test);
> > push @skip, q{static}
> >        unless (Apache::Build::BUILD_APREXT);
> >
> > shouldn't this be applied to xs/APR/aprext/Makefile.PL ? At least this
> > helped on my system (netbsd). And I can't find these lines in
> > src/modules/perl/Makefile.modperl.
>
> Thanks Mikhail, fixed.

Just to clarify something - the original problem:
  http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/72411
was
  cd "src/modules/perl" && make -f Makefile.modperl
  make: don't know how to make dynamic. Stop.
This, I take it, is fixed by using gmake. There's also
another problem:
  http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/70835
about
  make: don't know how to make dynamic. Stop.
  make: stopped in /.../modperl-2.0/xs/APR/aprext
which is, I take it, also fixed by using gmake, *or* by
editing xs/APR/aprext/Makefile.PL as above. Presumably
this last fix of editing xs/APR/aprext/Makefile.PL
doesn't help the problem in src/modules/perl. So perhaps
in the docs one should just say to use gmake?

--
best regards,
randy