On 17-Sep-04, at 7:36 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

and if you can send the missing tests and docs that will ensure that your patch will be committed promptly.

As I can see src/docs/2.0/user/config/config.pod's PerlSetVar entry is completely empty :( So it needs to be ported from the mp1 docs first and then add the new functionality. If you could do that it will be great! Let me know if you need any guiding to get the docs right... Thanks Rici.

Actually, there is now no new functionality, aside from the fact that it works as (presumably) intended. This also pretty well voids the need for testing new features. The behaviour should conform to the as-yet-unported v1 documentation,

I think there ought to be a note about the difference between request variables and server variables, but I don't feel like I'm the right person to write it because I only have a fuzzy idea about what the expected use case is. In fact, I'm not 100% comfortable with the conflation of the two; if I understand correctly, in a server context:

  PerlSetVar foo bar

sets *both* the request and the server variables (independently); there is no way to just set the server context PerlVar, thus clouding the fact that there are really two objects in independent (case-insensitive) namespaces. But perhaps this is not really an issue for anyone.

R.