Hi,

Until yesterday I retrieved input variables to my CGI scripts myself. Now I need to do file uploads so decided to use CGI.pm (3.05).

Unfortunately I'm getting a problem where if I restart the server and run the program it get s variables fine but on all subsequent request it still only ever sees the original input parameters.

I'm using httpd-2.0.50, mod_perl-1.99_14 and perl5.8.3 on Debian.

To try and find my problem i created a small script :

#!/cp/apps/bin/perl

use CGI;
use strict;
use warnings;

my $q = CGI->new();

my $params = $q->Vars();

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
foreach my $key (keys %{$params}) {
        print "Key : $key - Param $params->{$key}<br>";
}

It behaves exactly like my main program. I've been through as much of the Mod_perl docs as I could understand and searched google to no avail. I found some information in the CGI.pm docs but none of it appears to be applicable here.

I have also tried getting my $r = Apache->request; and passing it to CGI->new() but all I get back is :
Key : Apache::RequestRec - Param SCALAR(0x82a13f8)

I would really appreciate if someone can point out where I'm going wrong.

Thanks,
Ewan.