Geoffrey Young wrote:
I did use those modules (reported version 0.01 for both though). However,
I found that the problem can be fixed in an even more obvious way, e.g. by
including:

PerlModule APR::Table

in my httpd.conf. It seems that this module is not "use"d by
Apache::RequestRec so it must be pulled in by the handler itself - I'm not
sure whether that constitutes a bug, an error in documentation or me being
someone who didn't read the documentation well enough.

that you are required to use() the classes that provide the methods you
require in your handler is by design. you can search the dev@ archives for
lots of discussions on this particular issue. see also
ModPerl::MethodLookup

And it's well documented, why sending someone to read archives? http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/porting.html#Using_C_ModPerl__MethodLookup__to_Discover_Which_mod_perl_2_0_Modules_Need_to_Be_Loaded

Please help the new users get used to reading docs: post the URLs, not quotes. Thanks.