On 22 Sep 2004, at 17:34, mock wrote:

I think there is the potential for an even better speed increase with a little
reworking of how QPSMTPD works. Some of the stuff you're doing (the timeout
bits you showed me) might be better left to Apache to handle. Also, you might
want to try it with the threading MPM vs the preforking. Some OS's see a bit
of improvement. Any idea where your bottleneck is?

I removed the timeout stuff, and that was no faster. I tried the other MPM and it creeeaaasssshhheed rather spectacularly. No idea why. No time or inclination to debug :-)

Matt.