Jon Forrest wrote:
(I'm not sure if I should continue posting these reports
to the list. Please let me know if I should send them to just
you.)

Yes, please always post those to the list. If the files are too big and you can upload them somewhere and send a link here, that works too. We need to keep all the discussions on the list, because people tend to have similar issues, and then they can learn how to solve those if the discussion is on the list and is archived for the later reuse.

Also feel free to start a new thread, since we have deviated from the original topic...

Stas Bekman wrote:

Oh, sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about the static build. Could you please post the output of:

t/TEST -conf -trace=debug

I downloaded the latest httpd (2.0.52) and the CVS version
of mod_perl as of ~1600 California time.

Running this command results in:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] modperl-2.0]# t/TEST -conf -trace=debug
[ debug] loading custom config data from: '/usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/lib/Apache/TestConfigData.pm'
[ debug] configuring httpd
something is wrong, mod_perl 2.0 build should have supplied all the needed information to run the tests. Please post lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm along with the bug report at /usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 349.

The bug report shows the same problem as before - that httpd couldn't
be found.

Well, at least the two are consistent :) Please post lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm as it has suggested.

Also this shouldn't affect things, but any difference if you set
APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 env var?

APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 t/TEST -conf

No.

By the way, I also tried to build the static version using
the command

perl Makefile.PL MP_USE_STATIC=1 MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.52

This resulted in the following error message:

Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
MP_USE_STATIC = 1
MP_AP_PREFIX = /usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.52
[ error] You specified MP_USE_STATIC but did not specify the arguments to httpd's ./configure with MP_AP_CONFIGURE

Is this correct? Since I don't use any arguments to ./configure when I build httpd why do I need to use the MP_AP_CONFIGURE option?

You have a valid point here. We always pass tons of arguments to ./configure, so we didn't think that someone may have no need to pass any :)

Please post this issue as a separate email (preferrably to the dev list [1]), and Philippe, who now polishes the static build, will take care of it.

[1] http://perl.apache.org/maillist/dev.html