David Radunz wrote:
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 12:39, Stas Bekman wrote:

David Radunz wrote:

Heya Stas,

I like that alot, as you say heaps cleaner. For the time being thou
can you see any problems with us using my patch internally?

Looks fine to me.

Thanks, we'll put it into production.

Hmm. Well, I said that it looks fine, but you probably want to test it by yourself to ensure that it works well. I certainly can't guarantee that.

I have run a
few more tests and it seems everything still works pretty good. And of
course keeping an eye out for Apache::RegistryCooker.. or will it be
ported under Apache::PerlRun?

Ported under PerlRun.

You are more than welcome to do the porting to mp1. It shouldn't be too much work, since the C code should be pretty much copy-n-paste. At the moment we just don't want to touch mp1 and potentially break stable things. So we would like to have that new implementation (courtesy of Philippe Chiasson) to be thoroughly tested by users first.

I would love to, but I dont really know much C. If its just copying and
pasting then I guess it wouldnt be that bad, did you mean make a new
Apache::* module, say Apache::ModPerlUtil (since Apache::Util is used)
and then modify Apache::PerlRun to use that?

More or less yes. But let's just wait and see how the mp2 solution scores first.