Randy Kobes wrote:
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

Randy Kobes wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

a release candidate for mod_perl 1.99_17 is now available for testing.

On Win32 (ActivePerl 810, based on perl 5.8.4), with Apache/2.0.50, there's a couple of (minor) issues:

- the last test of directive/setupenv.t fails: this tests
that $ENV{HOME} doesn't exist. For me (and I have $ENV{HOME}
set), the test does see the set value of $ENV{HOME}.

- the last test of protocol/echo_nonblock.t failed when
the full test suite was run, but passes individually,
and also passes when the t/protocol/*.t set is run.
I'll try t/SMOKE to see if it can find a minimal
combination that fails, but for now, I don't think
this is a showstopper (and probably neither is the
$ENV{HOME} issue).

We need to see what the errors are... :)

For the directive/setupenv.t test, the error is is that
$env{HOME} is not expected to exist, but for me, it does,
and is reported as the correct set value (I have an
$ENV{HOME} set). This seems general - I checked, and also
the environment variables WINDIR, PATHEXT, PATH, and COMSPEC
are also seen (as their set values) under this test.

We all have some of these variables set at the shell level. It's just that Apache is not supposed to pass those (at least it didn't so before). This could be special to the win32 mpms where it does pass those values. In which case as usual we need to make a special case for win32 in those tests.

I'll look into this some more - I seem to remember in the
past that we ran into a similar problem under Win32.

For the protocol/echo_nonblock.t test, as I mentioned,
the failure of the last test (which is expected to timeout)
only occurred when running the full test suite. I'll
try to narrow it down - one combination that does fail is
   perl t/TEST -v apr protocol
in which test 3 in protocol/echo_nonblock receives
"should timeout", rather than "TIMEUP".

For both of these tests, nothing was in the error log
that could offer a clue.

OK, looking forward to the SMOKE's shortest sequence.