Haroon Rafique wrote:
[...]
x-forwarded-for remote_ip
[...]
How would I achieve the same functionality without making remote_ip read/write? How are you guys using post 1.99_15 in production and are still able to get the original client IP to the back-end? Curious minds wanna know....

but in apache2 it's built-in and no more requires a mod_perl module for that. I don't have any examples but mod_proxy/mod_headers already provide this functionality from what I've remember seeing on the httpd-dev list.

Actually, I've just found this example with google (requires mod_headers):

RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-For %{REMOTE_ADDR}

Does it do the trick?