On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Luke wrote:

> I have an intresting problem, I have a test server running windows 2k,
> Activestate perl and apache 2.
>
> I have loaded the perl module mod_perl.so as well as told it to use
> C:/Perl/bin/perlxx.dll.
>
> In the httpd.conf I have commented out the script alias
> and add ExecCGI to the options, then added AddHandler
> cgi-script .cgi .pl to the configuration. Now when I try
> to run any perl script or cgi script I get an internal
> server error 500. With some vauge stuff in the error log
> that dosn't seem to be pertant at all. Ceratinaly not a
> cause for an internal error. Its not like the world would
> end if it couldn't find favico.ico.
>
> The perl script run a commandline or atleast parse. SO Im
> out of Ideas on waht to do.

If this is a problem with a cgi script, or configuration,
then you'll get better help in a cgi or Apache user's group.
If this has to do with mod_perl specifically, then posting a
minimal script illustrating the problem, along with the
relevant Apache directives, would help. Also include your
mod_perl/perl/Apache versions, and anything in the error log
that results from running this, even if the messages look
innocent.

--
best regards,
randy kobes