Игорь Кудашев wrote:
I use the Windows' Notepad and save the file as utf-8. Everything works fine
while I run the script from the command line or through CGI without mod_perl.
PROBLEM: When I try to run the script using mod_perl, I get the following ERROR:

[error] 3320: ModPerl::PerlRun: Unrecognized character \xEF at .../CGI-FOO/TEST.PL line 1.

Looks like the various ModPerl::RegistryCooker-based modules don't like a UTF-8 Byte Order Marker (BOM, "EF BB BF") at the start of the script (verified with 1.99_17). So until that can be fixed in a future version, you'll have to use an editor that can save files without a BOM, or remove those three bytes manually.

  • ... Markus Wichitill
    • ... Игорь Кудашев
      • ... Stas Bekman
    • ... Stas Bekman