Hello everyone,
I am currently workning on writing a CMS system, and as such I'd like to
prevent user modules from outputting data directly instead of using the method
supplied by the system. The way I would like to this is opening a new
filehandle in the mian module (lexically scoped so noone else can get at it)
and then retying STDOUT to a module that logs all attempts to use the
filehandle.
Now, having done my research I found that STDOUT is tied to the Apache class,
and that simply duping STDOUT isn't sufficient (it doesn't conserve the tie). I
also found that saying tie *NEWOUT, "Apache"; doesn't do the necessary magic to
make the new handle work.
So, is there a way I can move STDOUT to a new handle, or do I have no other
choice than to say "please don't use direct output"?

Thanks in advance,
Arne
:wq