I added the IO::File wrapper in two scripts and they worked fine and the third one
failed occasionally. Now I changed the third and the occasional 500 does not
show up anymore. I think XML::Simple does not close the file handle after
simply creating the data structure. I'll have to check that.

I'm doing libxml = 2.5.8, XML::Simple... latest from CPAN.

I've now upgraded to libxml 2.6.16.

Regards,

Faisal Nasim
http://fnasim.blogspot.com/

At 02:04 AM 11/23/2004, Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 15:50, Tom Schindl wrote:
> Well as Perrin already stated there are issues with XML::LibXML which
> you are using with XML::Simple. Which version do you have installed?
> See this thread and a working patch against these libs. Still I would
> upgrade as a first try libxml and XML::LibXML.

Or try something faster.  Benchmark:
http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=409517

I'm not certain about expat thread-safety, but it might be worth trying.

- Perrin