On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:09:05 -0500 (EST)
Sam Tregar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
> > Did everyone see this on perl.com today?
> >
> > http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/11/18/mod_perlservice.html
> >
> > I just skimmed it quickly, but I can't understand why this is not
> > just a simple mod_perl module, or even what it solves that XML-RPC
> > didn't.  On the face of it, writing a new embedded-Perl module for
> > apache sounds like a terrible idea, so I wonder if anyone knows what
> > the story is here.
>
> Wow, that's not just reinventing the wheel, that's reinventing the
> road too.  Even if you can somehow convince yourself that the world
> needs yet another RPC mechanism, I can't understand why that would
> require a new Apache Perl module.
>
> But, uh, there's a Flash client library.  What the heck?

  Another interesting thing is that it isn't specfically licensed under
  any Open Source license.  It just has a copyright for the author, all
  rights reserved.

  But I agree, this looks like re-inventing the wheel, road, and the
  whole concept of movement simply because you had the time to spare!