william lai wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
then user/password will promt user/password for the first time accessing the page even though user logined, am i right?

Yes.

Do i need a samba server in apache which use the AuthenNTLM.

No, this module works with both Samba and Windows. (See the docs for some small differences in configuration).

And how do i know the the user/usernthash is right between the apache and PDC? Since my problem is whatever i enter in the user/password prompt, it always says wrong password(rc=3).

I would check out these links to help you get down to the packet level communication:

http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html
http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html

Both of these pages have great information on reading the packet for information pertinent to NTLM authentication.

BTW, when I look back at your original email, I notice you have splitdomainprefix set to 1, which will only send username forward to the domain controller. This was really added to the module to deal with users that were not part of a domain, or were falling through to another auth module that didn't need the DOMAIN prefix added to the username. If you remove this line, then AuthenNTLM will send forward DOMAIN\user, which should auth correctly for you.

take care,

--
Shannon Eric Peevey
President - EriKin Corporation