On 26-Nov-04, at 11:14 AM, Stas Bekman wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
More precisely, if I set (for example) the LogLevel to "error", I only get
error and more critical logs AND also "notice" logs (but not warn logs).

I can reproduce that problem. I'll keep you posted when I get a chance to debug it.

If I set to anything more critical than notice, I still get notice logs.
For more details :
Some versions : Red Hat Entreprise Linux 3
Apache 2.0.46 (rpm : 2.0.46-44.ent)
Mod_perl 1.99_09 (rpm : 1.99_09-10.ent)

Unrelated, you are using very old versions of component. Please consider upgrading to mp 1.99_17 and Apache 2.0.52. (though I can still see the problem with the latest ones)

This behaviour, although not well documented, is by design. Notice logs are (apparently) supposed to be used for startup messages and are never masked *unless* you set the error log to use syslog.

You can see this behaviour clearly in httpd/server/log.c, line 375

R.