On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Jan, do you have any idea why the CLONE trick doesn't work? CLONE is
> running inside the newly-clonned perl, so thread-safety shouldn't get
> on the way, no?

Is CLONE running inside the new *thread* ? It is not good enough to run
it in the correct Perl interpreter; you must call CoInitialize() inside
the thread that is going to make COM/OLE calls. Otherwise COM will not
operate from that thread. It needs to associate the *thread* with a
specific apartment for synchronization purposes first.

Sorry, that is the only thing I can think of right now. I can't remember
how CLONE is being called exactly.

Cheers,
-Jan