Stas Bekman wrote:
Lars Eggert wrote:

patch-ab is required to build, otherwise I see the following error during make:

Running Mkbootstrap for APR::PerlIO ()
chmod 644 PerlIO.bs
rm -f ../../../blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/PerlIO/PerlIO.so
LD_RUN_PATH="" cc -shared -L/usr/local/lib PerlIO.o modperl_apr_perlio.o -Wl,-E -L/usr/local/lib -o ../../../blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/PerlIO/PerlIO.so
chmod 755 ../../../blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/PerlIO/PerlIO.so
cp PerlIO.bs ../../../blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/PerlIO/PerlIO.bs
chmod 644 ../../../blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/PerlIO/PerlIO.bs
make: don't know how to make dynamic. Stop
*** Error code 2

There is actually another fix that is in the port's Makefile:

pre-install:
        cp WrapXS/APR/ThreadMutex/ThreadMutex.pm blib/lib/Apache2/APR/

Without this, ThreadMutex.pm doesn't get installed.

Hmm, have you tried that with the 1.99_17? AFAIK, those problems were long fixed.

This is with 1.99_17. As port maintainer, I've only ever build mod_perl2 within the ports framework, which on FreeBSD is somewhat complex to make sure that files end up in the correct locations on FreeBSD.

In any case that patch:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/www/mod_perl2/files/patch-ab?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain

doesn't seem to have anything to do with APR::PerlIO

It's the target after APR::PerlIO that fails, for which the build procedure tries to do a "make dynamic", but the "dynamic" target doesn't exist.

are you sure that output is not a mixed output of 'make -j'?

The FreeBSD ports building doesn't do parallel builds (make -j).

I could email you the output of a complete build process, if that would help?

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories