INFOQUEST USA INC. wrote:
Stas is right. You have a problem in your httpd.conf file. Check the section :

<IfModule mod_alias.c>
</IfModule>

you probably have a line

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/http_perl/cgi-bin/

change is to":

Alias /perl/ /home/user-name/public_html/cgi-bin/

right.

and also if you have the following line:

<Directory "/usr/local/http_perl/cgi-bin">

change it to

<Directory "/usr/local/http_perl/perl">

probably not, since "/usr/local/http_perl/perl" doesn't exist.

You should be able to up and running in no time. I learnt it the hard way. If this doesn't work then post your backend http.conf file here. Guru Stas is here and you will certainly get a solution. I would like to Thank Stas for his contribution in this community. I learnt most of the things from his book - 'Practical mod_perl'.

:) Thanks for the kind words, Khalid