Gisle Aas wrote:

Can't t/TEST check the output of 'ulimit -n' and verify that it is
high enough?

Good idea, Gisle. But will it work everywhere where perl runs?

I'm quite sure it does not work on Windows.

I'm so surprised :)

Alternatively try the BSD::Resource module?

So does it mean that 'ulimit -n' may not work?

ulimit is usually a shell builtin and shells vary.  The POSIX
ulimit [1] is very limited.

[1] http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/ulimit.html

Thanks Gisle. I guess we should try if it works, if not, just hope that users will have their limit high enough. In fact we already use ulimit under Apache-Test to prepare the filesystem to drop core files.

This is actually C code and should work on systems that have
{get,set}rlimit.

In which case BSD::Resource should be buildable too. We can't just add it to mod_perl-core. But for A-T each specific test suite that would be nice.