On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Steve Smith wrote:

So from the preamble to the newbie question!  :

How do I go about getting more information back to my login form from
Apache using mod_perl in my custom AuthCookieHandler as to what the
"bad_cookie" message actually means without trying to decipher much of
the magic in Apache::AuthCookie?

bad_cookie means that authen_ses_key($r, $cookie) did not return a username.

Because authen_ses_key() is implemented by your AuthCookie subclass, and
not AuthCookie iteslf, AuthCookie can not tell you anything about *why*
authen_ses_key() failed.  So you'll have to figure out why your subclass
failed to return the username.

Regards,
Michael Schout