Randy Kobes wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

Randy Kobes wrote:

[ ... ]

I'm not sure if PAUSE supports the new feature in META.yml
(specifying something as private, not to be indexed).
However, the mod_perl-2.0.0-RC1 package on a CPAN mirror
doesn't have a mod_perl-2.0.0-RC1.meta file, which if I
understand correctly, PAUSE automatically extracts from a
distribution if it finds a META.yml file within the
distribution (like it does for README, creating
mod_perl-2.0.0-RC1.readme, which does exist). So maybe PAUSE
never saw the META.yml file under mod_perl-2.0.0-RC1 for
some reason?

Strange. I've just checked, it has the correct file.

name:         mod_perl
version_from: lib/mod_perl.pm
installdirs:  site
private:
    directory:
        - Apache-Test
distribution_type: module

There is that META.yml file within the package, but, eg,
 ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/authors/id/G/GO/GOZER/
doesn't have an explicit mod_perl-2.0.0-RC1.meta
file, like there is for, eg, mod_perl-1.28.

I suppose something went wrong then. Philippe has released this file, so I haven't seen the indexer report. Nor PAUSE lets me reindex it :( Philippe, could you try to force re-indexing of RC1 via pause and see why it doesn't pick META.yaml?

Even if it did, however, I'm not sure it would solve
this problem, as the full META.yml may not be implemented
yet by PAUSE.

I think private: should be working. Let me ping some people.

That would be the best solution, of course. It seems to be
working in principle for some examples; for example, for
IO-Prompt, the META.yml file includes

name: IO-Prompt
version: 0.02
no_index:
  directory:
    - inc
generated_by: Module::Install version 0.35

and in the IO-Prompt-0.02/inc/ directory there's, for
example, Module::Install, and yet the CPAN indexer correctly
associates Module::Install with the Module-Install
distribution (this is actually a good test, as IO-Prompt
and Module-Install have Autrijus Tang as the author, so
it's not a question of permissions that Module::Install
of IO-Prompt didn't get indexed).

Thanks for doing the research, Randy. That probably means that 'no_index' is implemented by PAUSE, but 'private' (which should do the same thing) and that's the key that was agreed on when discussing on p5p wasn't. So it's probably the best to adjust mp2 to use this key (no_index) and then next A-T release will fix the problem, and mp2-RC2 will not recreate it.