Beberle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Right, that's exactly the problem I'm trying to work
> around.  Once I've read the POST data, is there some
> way to re-POST it?

Not sure this is addressing your particular problem, but
let me try to explain how Apache::Request tries to resolve
this sort of thing in mp2.

apache 2.x has filters, which can be plugged into the I/O
chain just about anywhere.  So if you think of the HTTP
request as a pipeline between the user-agent and apache's
response-handler

[user-agent] -> [intermediate web proxies] -> [apache server] ->

[connection filters] -> [protocol filters] -> [request filters] ->
                                                    ^
[response-handler]                                  ^
                                                    ^
                                                (mod_apreq)

mod_apreq is a request filter which gets inserted into the
pipeline whenever someone makes a certain libapreq2 library
function call. In the mp2 case, that happens whenever
someone invokes Apache::Request::new.

Through mod_apreq,  libapreq2 is able to parse the POST data
without removing the data from the pipeline.  If it needs to,
mod_apreq will drive the pipeline to pull more data through,
but the data will remain in the pipeline for later filters/handlers
to see.  It's designed this way to allow Apache::Request to be
usable in any pre-response-handler phase without losing the
POST data.

--
Joe Schaefer