William McKee wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:28:42AM -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Right, because as you've figured out t/conf/apache_test_config.pm is a
>>cached version of the the test setup data. So you need to do a cleanup
>>before reconfiguring things so that file gets updated. Note that you
>>perform things A-T has no top-level support for at the moment. Since your
>>hack uses internal APIs it can break any moment if things change. So it's
>>important to provide a public API for this kind of purposes.
>

> Hi Torsten,
>
> This is an interesting approach you are using. I have opted for creating
> a virtual server in my extra.conf.in config file called 'ssl' which
> turns on mod_ssl in order to do my tests which require an ssl
> connection.

right.  but keep in mind that's not the same thing - Torsten is testing an
httpd both with and without mod_ssl _compiled_, which is very different than
requests with and without ssl _enabled_, especially when you need to code
internal logic around the presense of these optional functions.

of course, if you're using mod_ssl compiled in statically the approach won't
work, but it's admirable and required, allt he same.

--Geoff