ok. 1.99_18 fixes the two test failures.
Couldn't get to current svn. Kept timing out.
Couldn't get to the cvs snapshots either.
I'll try that again Monday.

May try compiling everything with "-m64" just to see what happens.

In regards to your mod_perl book, I broke the binding :(

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
This e-mail and any files or attachments may contain confidential and
privileged information.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender at the above e-mail address and delete it and all copies
from your system.